Meatballs with Roasted Garlic theHubby Style - Easy















Caught a nasty cold over the weekend from theHubby... so when he insisted that he make dinner tonight, I didn't think much more than a couple of nanoseconds before saying, "Why, that's SO nice of you sweetie!"  While my thoughts were more along the line of
"It's the least you could do since you gave me this dang cold in the first place."  Good thing he can't read thoughts.  And doesn't read my fabulous prose of a blog (of course you, Dear Reader, won't snitch on me, mmm 'k?)

Anyway, he takes a package of ground beef and whips them into a dozen balls.  After dropping some chopped garlic on the top of each, he slides the batch into the broiler.  I thought the garlic was going to burn, but instead it was perfectly roasted by the time he pulled the pan out.   But by the time I pulled out my cell phone, the meatballs were already dropped into the sauce.  They were lovely, too bad you missed it.


















At this point, I asked theHubby what else is in the meatballs.  He answered, "You add other things???"  

Thank you.

Normally I don't care for 99.99% beef meatballs (the remaining .01% being garlic).   Tastes too dry for my (normal) taste.

But maybe ...

just maybe ...

anytime someone else does the cooking, dinner is always dang great!


Meatballs with Roasted Garlic - Easy
Yield: 12 meatballs
Note: The recipe is rather freeform.  Any quantities listed are more of a suggestion.

oil for greasing
1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
6 tsp. chopped garlic (bottled okay)
28-32 oz. jar of marinara sauce
pasta, cooked according to package directions, sub rolls  or whatever your preference

Preheat oven to broiler setting.  Lightly grease a medium shallow-rimmed baking pan with the oil.

Form 12 meatballs out of the ground beef, and place on prepared baking pan, allowing at least an inch between each ball.  Top each meatball with a half-teaspoon of chopped garlic.

Place pan on bottom shelf in oven.  Broil for 15-20 minutes, or just until garlic barely starts browning (meatballs will not be cooked through).

Meanwhile,  heat marinara sauce in a 3 or 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. If sauce starts to bubble before meatballs are done, lower heat.














Remove pan from oven.   Transfer meatballs to sauce.  Return sauce to a simmer.


















Allow to simmer 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through, or whatever is accompanying the meatballs is ready.

Comments

  1. These look amazing! I found a recipe for meatballs on kimkushner.com/blog and I have been hooked every since! It is my favorite weekday meal! I cant wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! Any spam or improper language will be detected and deleted.