Sometimes a Recipe Reads Better than It Tastes

... such as "Chestnut Sweet Potato Pudding," an intriguing-looking recipe found at Levana Cooks.   Here are the ingredients.  I'm not going to waste my time and yours by entering the quantities.  I'll 'spain why in a bit.

Chestnuts ... good.
Sweet potato ... yummy.
Coconut milk ... tasty.  AND healthy this week.
Red kidney beans ... healthy, anyway.
Cinnamon and maple syrup ... yummy sweet goodness.

Now dump everything into a food processor and let 'er rip.  Uh .... looks like refried beans.  And not in a good way.

Okay, let's try salvaging it by pouring the mess pudding into fluted glasses.  Before tasting, of course.
Which was rather dumb of me because ... let's just be polite and say it was not to my taste.  I am quite disappointed, because Levana usually has great recipes. 

Unfortunately, having filled the glasses meant that now I had 4 more things to wash.  Besides the food processor bowl.  And every square inch of the food processor base along with the countertop when the coconut milk, bean juice and maple syrup partially escaped from the food processor.   Oy!  What a mess!

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry. I've done that a few times. What irks me the most is dumping some not-so-cheap ingredients down the disposal. That pains me more than the clean-up (not that the clean-up makes me any happier). Personally, I can't imagine kidney beans in a pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom Chef, I first thought the same as as you re: beans in the recipe, but then I remembered eating and enjoying Chinese buns filled with sweet bean paste. So I assumed that this would be somewhat similar. That's what I get for assuming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! Any spam or improper language will be detected and deleted.